York MPPs make up a sixth of Ford's 30-member cabinet
June 28, 2022
Half of York Region’s MPPs have been appointed as cabinet ministers or associate ministers in Premier Doug Ford’s new government.
Five of the region’s 10 MPPs were sworn in as part of the cabinet June 24.
York Region MPPs comprise one sixth of Ford’s 30-member cabinet.
- Markham-Stouffville MPP Paul Calandra is minister of long-term care, minister of legislative affairs and government house leader
- King-Vaughan MPP Stephen Lecce retains his post as minister of education
- York-Simcoe MPP Caroline Mulroney remains as minister of transportation and minister of Francophone affairs
- Aurora-Oak Ridges-Richmond Hill MPP Michael Parsa is associate minister of housing
- Vaughan-Woodbridge MPP Michael Tibollo is associate minister of mental health and addictions.