WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?: Road reconstruction, Newmarket
Construction continues until summer 2020
August 26, 2019
Charles Street is a full road reconstruction project that includes new watermain and water services, storm sewers, sidewalks and curbs.
Just the facts:
- Location: Charles Street, between Davis Drive and Queen Street.
- Construction started in May 2019 and is expected to be complete by late fall with final surface asphalt completed in the summer of 2020.
- Construction crews are currently working on installing new water services to residences, watermain disinfection and testing and installing storm sewer and manholes.
- Work that remains includes removal and installation of new curbs, sidewalks and traffic signs and painting pavement markings.
- Access to the Youth Centre and Southlake Regional Health Care parking lots is being maintained during the construction period.
- The budget for the project is about $1.99 million.
- Once complete, Charles Street will have new watermain and water services, new storm sewers, accessible sidewalks on both sides of Charles Street and new bioswales, a low impact linear channel designed to filter water runoff.
Wondering what’s going on somewhere in your community? Send an email to email@example.com.