WHAT’S GOING ON HERE? Testing for subway extension in Vaughan
Work continues on Yonge Street, side streets from Finch Avenue to Hwy. 7
April 17, 2019
Testing is underway for Yonge subway extension in Thornhill between Longbridge and Bunker Road.
JUST THE FACTS
- Why: This is part of the planning, design and engineering phase of the Yonge subway extension (expected completion within 12 months).
- Duration: Work began here April 11, and will be completed within about two weeks. Investigation to be completed in the summer.
- Where: This Vaughan location; work continues along Yonge Street and some side streets from Finch Avenue to Hwy. 7. Locations spaced every 100 metres (work 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.).
- Background: Extension to stretch from Toronto into Markham, Vaughan and Richmond Hill. It extends 7.4 km north from Finch Station to the Richmond Hill/Langstaff gateway urban growth centre at Highway 7.
- The work: Crews use drill rig to bore holes and extract soil samples.
- Impact: Lane closures on Yonge Street and construction-related noise and dust from equipment and trucks.
Contact Leslie Pawlowski with questions (905-505-1430 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Go to www.vivanext.com/project_YongeSubway for information or updates -- or follow Twitter, Instagram and Facebook (@yongesubwayext).
Wondering what’s going on somewhere in your community? Send an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.