PowerStream Upgrades Website to Better Serve Customers
User Experience More Customer-Centric, Features Responsive Design Technology
Feb. 17, 2016
PowerStream recently upgraded its corporate website to better serve customers with the addition of several innovative features that improve the user experience including responsive design technology.
The upgrade followed a thorough review and assessment by PowerStream on the previous version of its website and what was required going forward. This included a stakeholder analysis, content and functionality assessments, best practices review and feedback from various customer focus groups.
PowerStream customers will now find the following improvements when visiting www.PowerStream.ca:
- A website that responds to the screen size and orientation of the user's device; smartphone, tablet, laptop/desktop computer or smart television. The responsive design ensures all visitors to the website have access to the same information.
- The "My Account" customer account portal now features a dashboard that consolidates important tools and information such as account balance, current bill with neighbourhood comparison gauge, recent transactions, current Time-of-Use clock with pricing, and conservation tips based on whether a residential or business account.
- In addition to getting power outage information from the site's interactive outage map, My Account customers can now sign up to receive email notifications and updates for outages that affect their particular service location(s).
- "Our mission statement speaks to supporting our customers' quality of life and providing value through the services we offer," explained Maurizio Bevilacqua, PowerStream Board Chair and Mayor of the City of Vaughan. "The recent upgrades we made to our website reflect this as well as our ongoing efforts to be innovative and demonstrate best-in-class performance."
- "We took a step back and assessed our website from various perspectives," said Brian Bentz, President and CEO of PowerStream. "We streamlined and repositioned the content to better serve customers regardless of the device being used to access the Internet."
- The initial version of PowerStream's website was first developed in 2005 and then updated in 2010.
PowerStream is a community-owned energy company that provides power and related services to more than 375,000 customers residing or owning a business in communities located immediately north of Toronto and in Central Ontario. It is jointly owned by the Cities of Barrie, Markham and Vaughan.