York Region Transit route changes take effect Nov. 6
Changes are happening on more than 20 routes across the region
Nov. 6, 2016
By Simon Martin
If you ride YRT/Viva public transit, you'd better check your usual bus route before heading out the door.
As of Nov.6, more than 20 routes are changing.
Riders should visit www.yrt.ca to see if the changes, including various seasonal and frequency adjustments, affect their travel plans.
Some of the changes include:
- 22 - King City - Schedules will be adjusted in the afternoon to improve connections at Maple GO Station and King City Secondary School. Frequency will be adjusted to 32 minutes.
- 40 - Unionville Local - The 2:30 p.m. westbound trip will depart at 2:33 p.m. from Markville Mall to improve connections to Buttonville Public School.
- 56 - Gorham-Eagle - Weekday evening service will be replaced by Dial-a-Ride. Refer to Gorham-Eagle Dial-a-Ride for more information.
- The last trip eastbound from Newmarket GO Bus Terminal will depart at 6:50 p.m. The last trip westbound from 404 Town Centre will depart at 6:42 p.m.
- 57 - Mulock - Schedules will be adjusted in the morning to improve connections with the bell time at Sir William Mulock Secondary School. Frequency will be adjusted to 44 minutes. The first trip eastbound from Newmarket GO Bus Terminal will depart at 5:13 a.m. The first trip westbound from 404 Town Centre will depart at 5:59 a.m.
- 58 - Mount Albert - The 3:21 p.m. northbound trip will depart at 3:22 p.m. from 404 Town Centre to improve connections to Route 57.
YRT/Viva offers local and rapid transit services on more than 125 routes throughout the region, with connections to transit service in Toronto and Peel Region.