WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?: New building addition to Bayview Water Pumping Station 'substantially' complete
Improvements expected to be done in September
York Region is working with Markham to improve the Bayview Water Pumping Station located at 8171 Bayview Ave. Here is what you need to know about this project.
Just The Facts:
- This project will extend the life of the pumping station and support the continued supply of safe, quality drinking water to the community.
- There is no impact to water or wastewater services and access to all homes and buildings will be maintained.
- Construction activities include a two-storey building addition, which will house a new electrical system, an emergency standby power generator, fuel storage tanks, new heating, ventilation and air-condition system.
- Construction will be limited to the pumping station; however, there may be an increase in construction-related traffic.
- The project also includes minor replacements of water valves/piping in the existing building and valve chambers.
- The building addition is substantially complete, according to Alvaro Baca, senior project manager, capital planning and delivery for environment service at York Region. The roof of the building addition is complete, as well as the staircase and exterior finished are underway.
- Interior equipment installation is underway and the completion of this depends on the progress of the exterior work.
- The project is expected to be completed in September.
- The original tender value (contract price) was $9,511,000.